If you like your Windows Taskbar neat and organized, you can force Windows to automatically group similar program windows together. There is a way to accomplish this tip view the GUI, but I like Registry Hacks!
As always, please read this important information on editing the System Registry.
- Hit the Windows Key+R, type regedit into the run dialog and hit the OK button.
- Now that you’re in the the Registry, navigate to this key:
- Right-click in the right pane and click New, then DWORD Value.
- Name this new DWORD Value:
- Double-click this new value and enter in the following in the “Value Data” field:
Changes should take effect immediately! If not, simply reboot.
You can download this Registry key and call it at will! Just download and double-click this entry. Also, if you’d like to make sure that there isn’t any malicious code (which I suggest, it’s your system – don’t trust anyone!), right-click the downloaded file and click Edit (or open it in Notepad). The code should closely match the instructions above.